The word rosary means “Crown of Roses.” The Blessed Virgin Mary has revealed to several people that each time they say a Hail Mary they are handing her a beautiful rose, and that each complete rosary makes her A Crown of Roses.
The rosary is a form of vocal and mental prayer on the mysteries of our redemption, divided into fifteen decades. The recitation of each decade is accompanied by meditation on one of the fifteen events or mysteries. The mysteries consist of four groups. With the rosary, we meditate on the Mysteries of Joy, of Sorrow, the Glory of Jesus, and the new Luminous Mysteries which Saint John Paul II added in October 2002. Since the rose is the queen of flowers, so the rosary is the queen of all devotions. The holy rosary is considered a perfect prayer because within it lies the awesome story of our salvation. Reciting the rosary is one of the most powerful weapons against evil. Pray it daily!!
The Fifteen Promises to Those Who Pray the Rosary
The Blessed Virgin Mary imparted to Saint Dominic and to all who follow that “Whatever you ask in the Rosary will be granted.” She left for all Christians Fifteen Promises to those who recite the Holy Rosary.
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
- The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenititude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
- I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
- The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
- All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.
- Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
Fr. Donald Calloway on the Power of the Holy Rosary
The Rosary, a tribute to Mary, the Mystical Rose